With six buildings, including the 30,000 sq. foot Karen Gail Miller Conference Center, Miller Campus is among Salt Lake Community College’s larger locations.
- Student Services – Assists students with admissions, registration, transcripts, repeated grades, personal information updates, graduation applications and major changes.
- Academic and Career Advising – Mondays 9:30-6:00 and Thursdays 8:30-4:00. Walk-ins only, no appointments. Rarely more than a 15 minute wait.
- Financial Aid – Open Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30. Walk-ins only, no appointments. Rarely more than a 15 minute wait.
- Disability Resource Center – Tuesdays 8:00-12:00. Appointments and walk-ins welcome.
- Student Employment & Cooperative Education – Wednesdays 9:00-12:00. Walk-ins and appointments.
- Student Life & Leadership – Activities are planned throughout the school year.
- Cashiering – Monday and Thursday 8:00-5:30, and Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00-4:30. Parking permits, parking ticket payments, tuition payments and STIL payment plans.
- Library – Monday through Thursday 8:00-8:00, Friday 9:00-1:00.
- Open Computer Lab – Monday through Thursday 7:30-9:00, Friday 7:30-4:30.
- OneCard – SLCC student ID cards. Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30.
- Learning Center – Offers math tutoring for currently enrolled students. Monday through Thursday 8:00-6:00, Friday 8:00-3:00.
- Faculty Support – Monday through Thursday 6:00-10:00, Friday 8:00-4:30.
- Bookstore – Temporary for first 3 weeks of school, Monday through Thursday 9:00-1:00 and 4:00-7:00, Friday 9:00-1:00. Also open for finals week for book buyback with very short lines.
- Cafeteria and Internet Cafe – Monday through Thursday 7:00–8:00, Friday 7:00-1:00.
Miller Campus will accommodate more than 2,400 students this semester, but many students don’t know that it also offers many of the same student services that are available at locations such as Taylorsville Redwood Campus, South City Campus and Jordan Campus. Students can get transcripts, apply for graduation certificates and talk to a career adviser with less waiting time than at some of the larger SLCC campuses.
“Many students don’t realize we have a Financial Aid Office, Student Employment & Cooperative Education Services, and Advising Center at the Miller Campus. Also, the campus has a cafeteria,” said Shannon McWilliams, Director of Student Services of South Region Salt Lake Community College.
Student services at the Miller Campus do not require setting up an appointment for most of the services it offers. Walk-ins are welcome to students and the waiting time is rarely more than fifteen minutes.
“Miller Campus assists students with their financial aid needs and is able to see students quicker than at some other campuses,” said Christy Millard, Director of Financial Aid at the Miller Campus. “We encourage students to come see us and take advantage of our location for those who live on the south end of the Valley.”
Student Employment and Cooperative Education Services offers opportunities to learn strategies for interviewing with potential employers, as well as job seeking skills. One of the benefits getting involved with Cooperative Education Services is the potential to earn college credit while working on the job.
“We know from past experience that students at Salt Lake Community College are ambitious, courageous, and make excellent candidates to our company,” said Jennifer Kaczmarczyk, Vice President of Operations at APEX Logistics at the Miller Campus Job Fair. “We’ve had a positive experience with our interns placed at APEX through Salt Lake Community College and excited to be here to meet new candidates.”