When we started our web show “He Said She Said” on YouTube, our goal was to be viewed by The Globe. Little did we know this would be happening literally, but here we are, writing for The Globe.
Oh, where are our manners? We haven’t properly introduced ourselves. HE is Julio Puentes, a graduate of Salt Lake Community College with a Film Production Technician Degree. SHE is Marilei Puentes, a current SLCC student on her way to receive a Communications, Sociology and a Psychology Degree. Oh, but how she hates math! Math equals her kryptonite.
Speaking of kryptonite, do you get that reference? Are you nerds like us? Then you may have seen our Comic Con videos. Our Salt Lake Comic Con videos have over 11k views and have been shared by Salt Lake Comic Con themselves and various media outlets. Which, to us, is simply crazy. But how we appreciate everyone who has viewed, “liked” and shared our video. If you are one of those people, then from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!
We don’t just cover Comic Con stuff though. We love movies, music and anything pop culture. It’s quite liberating to talk about whatever we want and entertain our viewers, and now, readers.
If you haven’t figured it out by now, we are actually husband and wife; hence the same last name. We don’t always share the same opinion but at the end of the day we love each other and that’s all that matters [cue studio audience ‘aww’].
We also love lists. So to end our introduction, we would like to share 5 facts about each of us. Ladies first.
- I love films. Although I love the classics and love watching the Oscars, my favorite category is gore. HE hates it!
- If you ever see me, I will more than likely be wearing my Bolivian beanie.
- I am really, really shy. People don’t believe me, but it’s true. I promise!
- I have a very addictive personality. I am a bookaholic, movieholic, James Francoholic and a salsaholic. Among other things. Help? Just kidding. I love it.
- I am a big tomboy. No makeup, no cute hairdo. If I ever wear makeup to your event, or somewhere you invited me to, you better feel special!
- I speak, read and write Japanese.
- Hey! I love films too!
- I am not just a Comic Con nerd. I am a tech, gadget and videogame nerd.
- I absolutely, positively, astronomically love food!
- I watch Pokemon. On Netflix. Every day. After Work. That’s right, like an elementary school kid. #dontmakefunofme
Those are just some things we wanted to share with you, but we will get to know each other more along the way. Right? RIGHT?