Salt Lake Community College’s Academic and Career Advising office is “coming of age” with a brand new career exploration social media campaign!
#100DaysSLCC will kick off the “100 Days of Career Exploration” where students can explore major options in a fun and interactive way. The yearly mascot, following the Chinese Zodiac, begins with Peep the Sheep.
Follow along on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Blogspot to see what Peep is up to and learn about the various programs and resources that are offered at the college. Peep will debut during Welcome Week for Fall 2015 and continue through the Fall and Spring semesters.
Even though it’s the year of the sheep, don’t be afraid to break away from the flock. Join our 100 Days of Career Exploration and choose a major and career path!
Major and career exploration at SLCC contains a wide variety of resources that include:
- Major and Career Discovery Series- a FREE online Canvas Course
- Paid Assessments- $40 for both or $25 individually
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
- Both assessments include a one hour advising session to interpret results
- LE 1200 Major and Career Decision Making (1 credit course)
- TypeFocus- free career assessment accessed through Mypage
- Career Coach – https://slcc.emsicareercoach.com/