Now, we believe we already went through this, but just in case anyone missed it; we are big time movie lovers. So, since school is almost over, we will have a little bit more time to watch movies. And who doesn’t love movies? Here are some of the films we are looking forward to the most.
There are only a few movies I watch at the theatres (since it cost an arm and a leg these days). I have never been too big of a fan of the “X-Men” franchise, but the new one looks somewhat promising. Although I have to admit the sentinels look rather strange. I started to like the X-Men, but SHE loves them, so I know she’s going to drag me to the midnight screening. To be honest, there are not that many movies this summer that I am crazy about, so for me, it was easy to narrow it down to just 5. One more thing, with all the recent earthquakes, the “Godzilla” movie is sure getting a lot of free advertisement from Mother Nature. Genius.
HE is most looking forward to (in order of excitement):
5. “X-Men: Days of Future Past” (Just watch the trailer. Looks pretty cool. Still #5 on my list though.)
4. “Hercules” (The Rock looks like a total B.A.)
3. “Amazing Spider-Man 2” (Haven’t seen the first one, but this looks pretty awesome.)
2. “Guardians of the Galaxy” (Marvel has been on a roll. This looks pretty sweet.)
1. “Godzilla” (This film is finally going back to its roots. And man, cannot wait for this one.)
You would think that at the top of my list would be “Palo Alto,” which is based on James Franco’s book “Palo Alto: Stories.” But there are others with higher priority. Sorry James! More surprisingly, you would think “Transformers Four” would be on my list, but it’s not even close to being on my radar. I have been a hardcore Transformers fan all of my life. The Decepticon tattoo on my foot proves that a little bit, but the movies have not really caught my fancy. Curse you, Michael Bay! Speaking of Michael Bay, who seems to be on a roll ruining my childhood love of Transformers, is a producer for the upcoming “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” film. Now, I am not boycotting it, because I will admit that I am curious about it. So, for now, I am feeling “meh” about it, so it’s definitely not on my list.
It is also well known that I have loved comic books since I was little, and meeting Stan Lee was something I crossed off my bucket list last year; though I will admit that I am not a fan of Spider-Man. I love Stan Lee, but Spidey has never really done it for me. The only reason I watched the first ones is because James Franco was Harry Osborn. But the new one coming up looks freaking amazing. I will definitely be watching it at midnight. I should probably watch the first one so I can get a feel of someone else playing Peter/Spidey and not hate it from the beginning.
There are so many good movies coming out this summer, but here are the top five that I am most excited about seeing. There’s a nice variety, but in the end, you can tell the little nerd in me will always outweigh the romantic/dramatic me.
SHE is most looking forward to (in order of excitement):
5. “The Fault in Our Stars” (This story is just so beautiful! I will always love sappy movies.)
4. “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” (This just looks very promising. And the trailer! Have you seen the trailer??)
3. “Guardians of the Galaxy” (Since the instant I heard about this, I have been on the edge of my seat. So excited!)
2. “X-Men: Days of Future Past” (I love the cast, I love the story and I have always loved the X-Men. Cannot wait to see Quicksilver in action.)
1. “Godzilla” (Long live Godzilla! Growing up watching the original, I have a special place in my heart for this monster. Plus, Bryan Cranston has not stopped wowing me and I know he will be amazing in this as well. This is going to be a big hit.)
What do you guys think? Agree with our lists? Be sure to let us know how much our movie selections suck/rule.
SHE will see you around in school after summer. Have a fun and safe vacation. See you at the movies!
Feel free to drop us a line or suggestions on topics to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.