- The institute is June 17 through June 22, 2012, in Tahoe City, California. Applications for the Institute are due Feb. 17, 2012.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and have at least two semesters remaining at SLCC.
- Students agree to commit time to a ten month follow up program utilizing the learned leadership skills.
- Students in any degree field can apply for the program.
- Students who are interested in Leader Shape Institute can contact the Dean of Students in room 276 of the Taylorsville Redwood Campus Student Center, South City Student Services in SCC W 137, Jordan Campus Student Services in HTC 101, or Student Life and Leadership in STC 124.
For those students at Salt Lake Community College who want to be a leader in today’s job market while attending college, there is the Leader Shape Institute.
The Leader Shape Institute is an energizing and unique experience that will help students discover who they really are.
“Students that go to Leader Shape Institute will bring back a lifetime of skills learned and you will discover yourself and it will shape you into a great leader.” said Dr. Marlin Clark, dean of students.
The Leader Shape Institute helps participants explore not only what they want to do for a career, but also who they want to be.
Participants work together in small groups they call families. They learn how to help each other and be supportive. Then they develop a plan and return home with it and work on it for the next nine to 12 months.
Throughout the six days, the institute emphasizes the fact that you can make a difference as well as the importance of leading with integrity.
Each student that is chosen to go to Leader Shape Institute will receive a full scholarship that pays for travel, registration, transportation, lodging, meals, institute snacks, institute materials and a ten month follow up, where they will reflect on what they have done during those nine to 12 months.
Students will need to put a two hundred dollar deposit down when they apply.